ads

Chapter 5 Sleeping Together




 The night after the baby boa hunt.


 I was lying in bed.


 Then Reese came up to me and sat right next to me.




"Zest-kun... um... can I sleep with you...?"


"Hmm? What happened all of a sudden?"


"I think it's warmer to sleep together... can I...?"


"No, I don't mind."


"!Then, I'll sleep over here."




 Reese immediately lay down right next to me and hugged me.




"Hehehe..."




 She looked happy.


 I've thought this since the first time we met, but this girl seems to have a lot of affection for me.


 She always sat next to me when we ate, and waited in front of the orphanage when I came back from the forest.


 probably she must have been living in this orphanage with Zest for a long time.




 That being said... let's think about what to do next.


 This world is definitely a game world that I know. It's a real world, not a VR experience.


 But how did I get here?




 The clue is in the game's reincarnation system. Because I used the reincarnation system, I was reincarnated in a real different world.


 I wonder why this happened. I don't remember doing anything special.


 Could it be a system bug or something?


 Or is it God's prank?


 ...... I don't know even if I think about it. Too few clues.




 For the time being, I have to find a way to return to my original world.


 I was reincarnated here, so... Hmmm...




 …………




 ……a. That's it


 Wouldn't it be nice to be reincarnate again?


 That's right. I came to this different world because I used the reincarnation system.


 Then, if I use the reincarnation system in this world, I can return to the original world...?




 It's possible. It's highly possible. Or rather, there's no other option.


 All right. The goal is set.


 However, in order to use the reincarnation system, you have to max your level.


 It's impossible to do so in my current state. So let's level up first.




 The only way to raise my level is to defeat monsters as an adventurer.


 To become an adventurer, I must first leave this orphanage.


 Let's get out of here soon. and become an adventurer.




 Should I leave tomorrow?


 They say, "The sooner, the better" So I'll do it.


 All right. In that case, action starts tomorrow.




"...Hey, Zest-kun."


"Hmm? What is it?"


“…………”


"...?"




 I wonder what's wrong. She seems down.




"What's the matter?"


“Zest-kun… um… what are you going to do after you leave the orphanage…?”


"huh……?"




 Eh……?


 Did I tell her that I'm leaving here?


 No no. I decided just a while ago. Reese has no way of knowing.


 Can she read my mind...?


 That's ridiculous...




"Why are you asking me that?"


"Because... Zest-kun, you'll be gone..."


"Why do you think so?"


"Huh...? Did you forget...?"


"?"




 What's going on?


 Is there something that I don't know




“Zest-kun will be 13 soon, right?”


"Um... well, I guess so?"


"When you turn 13, you're supposed to leave...!"


"...?"




 What is it. I do not understand what it means.


 Is that the rule that at the age of 13 should leave ...?


 What the hell are you talking about...?




 …………




 Ah. No way...




"Is that... a rule of the orphanage?"


"Yes. Did you forget...?"


"Ah... no... that's right. Yeah. That was the rule."




 Really. Is that so?


 In this orphanage, it was a rule to leave when you grew up to a certain extent.


 Right, I remember now. It's only natural there are rules like that.




 There are children other than us at the orphanage, so it can't hold too many people.


 And there will be new children coming, increasing in number.


 That's why the rule was set that anyone who turned 13 had to leave.




 ……that's just right.


 I'm going to be an adventurer anyway.


 Saved me the trouble of thinking of an excuse to leave the orphanage.


 Might as well graduate at the age of 13?




"Yes. I'll be gone soon."


“…………”


“When I get out of here…I want to become an adventurer. There are many things I want to do.”


"But... being an adventurer... isn't it dangerous...?"


"Well, it can't be helped. Somehow it was destined to be like this. What will be, will be."


“…………”




 I have knowledge, and above all, I can use the equipment and items I collect in the game.


 I'm going to play the second round and enjoy it.




"Hey..."


"what is it?"


“Ta… take me too… I want to come with you.”


"Eh……?"


"I want to become an adventurer too... let's go together...!"




 This is unexpected.


 I was going to go out alone. I never thought she would come along.




"Isn't it dangerous? Why are you trying to follow me?"


“………………”


"Reese?"


"I--I don't want to."


"Eh?"


"I don't want to leave Zest-kun..."


“…………”




 Is that so...




"Zest-kun is always kind to me, and he's the most dependable..."


“…………”


"Even though I'm like this... you've been friendly to me... you cared about me more than anyone else..."


“…………”


"So... let's stay together from now on...! I don't want you to leave..."




 She started to weep.




"So that's why... don't go..."


"I want to ask you one thing"


"Nee... is that okay? Can I go with you?"


"Reese can still be here right? There's no need to leave right?"


“…………”


"Answer me."




 After being silent for a while, she began to speak quietly.




“I think I can stay for another year or two…”


"Then you don't have to force yourself to follow me. You can spend your time here until the time comes."


"But……"


“You said it earlier, right?. Adventurers are dangerous. It wouldn't be strange if you lost your life. There's no need for you to become an adventurer."


“…………”




 I turn to Reese and gently stroke her head.




"Don't worry. It doesn't mean we won't be able to see each other again forever. We'll meet again someday."


“…………”


"So I'm going alone. Reese should still be here, okay?"


"yes……"




 I thought I knew everything about this world, but there are differences here and there.


 This orphanage is one of them.


 There shouldn't have been an orphanage in the game. But now it exists.




 As long as there are these uncertainties, I don't know what will happen in the future. Until then, I don't have the confidence to protect this child.


 I also want to investigate various things.


 I can't be selfish and take her here and there.


 So Reese should stay.




"By the way, how many more days can I stay?"


"I think... about 10 more days."


"I see. Then I'll stay with you until then. Don't cry."


"yes……"




 Reese hugs me tightly.


 After that, I fell asleep while being hugged by her without leaving.





If you like my work please support me Ko-fi




Prev    TOC    Next

Comments

Post a Comment

ads